I recently wrote a post on my new year’s resolutions. I’m making a revised version before its too late. I guess today being the first day of 364 days to come, I finally saw clearly. Here’s the revision.
- Get at least 20 minutes of exercise everyday.
- Lose 3 kilos to reach ideal, healthy weight.
Make husband gain at least 10 kilos for him to reach a healthy if not ideal body weight. Subject to many many conditions & truths. Truth being there is only so much you can make another person do.
- Read at least 2 books a month.
- Blog more, a lot more. And make a conscious effort to focus on crisper, objective and clearer writing. Although since this is my personal blog,
occasionalfrequent rants are allowed. The bottom line is: WRITE woman WRITE!
- Become a mistress of bread making. Which means experiment a lot more and document every single recipe till I stumble upon a foolproof one.
- Take the weekend home bakery project seriously and start selling at least 2 loaves every weekend.
- Quit smoking completely.
- Do whatever it takes to hold back from reacting immediately to any situation.
- Tone down the impulsiveness, short-temper and tendency to mull over things beyond personal control.
- Try to be cool and composed. Not the phony, serious, know-it-all bitch like, Just genuinely cool and relaxed.
- Try to behave more maturely and not confide in every single person and share minute details on ALL my thoughts and feelings.
- Learn to be happy irrespective of job stress, traffic, annoying people, gross men on the streets, irritating autowallas…you get the drift.
Drink vegetable juice everyday (I love the one with tomatoes, carrot, beetroot, celery, lime juice, kala namak and pepper) without being too lazy to make it.Let’s face it. It’s not easy or a fun thing to do on a daily basis if you don’t have a super advanced juicer.
- Enroll for salsa, jive or zumba lessons.
- Start practising Spanish regularly before forgetting it altogether. Read Pedro Páramo in Spanish to begin with (because currently this is the only Spanish novel I have).
- Stop having coffee just because bored at work. Have green tea without sugar instead.