I have decided to take stock of the year to someday look back and try to re-live key moments of a year. I have written New Years resolutions post before, but given that I have never been able to keep up with them, putting it out in the world is just a reminder of my lack of self discipline. So no more resolutions, just plain simple record of things achieved, lost, memories created and some such.
So here goes, the good and the bad, in no particular order.
- Bhutan trip without a doubt was the best thing that happened this year. I came back refreshed with a strong resolve to visit this beautiful places many many times over.
- The recurring pain in my back and the left-side of my body worsened and I spent days in a foul mood. This has been going on with me for the last several years and the orthopedic doctor has rubbished my doubts about some serious problem by saying that I needed to just relax my mind. I did realize though that my pain worsens when I am worried and anxious.
- Watched Mad Men, along with a several other series, but this just stayed with me.
- Changed jobs (again), with the prospect of a better salary, but so far that has been a bit of a disappointment. Hoping for a better 2016 job-wise.
- Attended zumba and yoga classes fairly religiously and I do feel like my body has become more toned.
- Made fettuccine pasta at home. I don’t know why this is such a big deal to me. But making fresh pasta had been sort of a dream and I never thought the experience would be so rewarding for the process that was fairly simple. Plus it makes me proud that I did it without a pasta machine.
- Started a new tradition of donating some money to various causes every time I have a new job. I might think of setting aside a modest annual budget for this every year.
- Surprisingly, made 4 new friends at two different jobs (that’s a personal record) and decided to make an effort towards my friendships.
- Got more active in the blogosphere and formed some valuable relationships. Blogging sisters, are you listening? You know who you are.
- Booked a flat. All happened suddenly and not sure how I feel about it yet, given that husband and I aren’t particularly happy in our jobs to have signed up for such a big commitment. But I have decided not to sweat stuff till the stuff ACTUALLY happens.
- Finally learnt the basic jive steps from husband’s friend. I love jive but don’t have a partner. So finally took advantage of a party we hosted to learn and from what I am told, I picked it up fabulously. Only, I feel more hopeless now that I have tasted the fun but have no way to keep continuing. The husband has two left feet and zero interest, and going by the cold shoulder I had given this friend of his the first time he we met, I don’t see why he would want to oblige. Damn! I really need to learn to hide my true feelings and develop somewhat of a poker face. ugghhh!
Anyway, that’s all I remember. So what’s happening in your lives? Any resolutions for 2016? Any regrets for 2015?