It was a Friday like any other. Just another day of the week, only the best day of the work week because there is two days of nothingness to look forward to, owing to which I was in a more positive mood than usual. I was in the office transport van, sitting on the front seat, looking out the window, when I had the uncomfortable realization that there was definitely an ant in my pants. Possibly two even.
I tried very hard not to visibly squirm, although all my energy was going into not getting up suddenly, not violently scratching, or just putting my hand inside my jeans to get the damn thing out. I could even feel the ant make lethargic circles on my butt. I tried to look at the guy sitting next to me from the corner of my eye, just to check and see if my body language was attracting attention in anyway. No movement there, so I was in good control.
I kept wondering and imagining the worse. What if the ant went ahead and bit in so badly that I just absolutely had to pull my pants down. I tried to wiggle my bum a little, only to lead the ant into a far worse direction. I instinctively tried the kegel to ensure it didn’t travel any further. I noticed that I was clenching my palms and teeth. On one hand I was imagining the worse, and on the other, I found it incredibly hilarious and couldn’t wait to tell the husband. It was exactly the kind of thing he finds funny and believes can only happen to me.
I don’t know for how long this episode lasted. But as usual, the stream of consciousness took over and the ant was only at the starting point of it, it disappeared somewhere along the way. 🙂
I’m at work and doing everything else but work. And since I like to make lists, I thought of listing things I am doing/thinking right now.
- Just got coffee from the machine, coz you know you need a break after reading blogs non-stop for one whole hour.
- Reading up on old, almost ancient posts from a blog I really really love. In fact, I have been doing this since yesterday. Systematically pulling out posts from March 2007 of the said blogger. I am doing this with utmost sincerity.
- Thinking about what I want to do tomorrow: Want to buy stuff to make Thai chicken noodle soup, get black necklace chord to string in some of the lovely, unused pendants I have, add soil to some of my plants, re-pot by lovely basil in bigger pots, May be buy a plant (that can be a good birthday custom to begin), buy a nose pin, eat one meal outside, although can’t decide which.
- Thinking about a packet I’m told I received from my sis after I left home this morning.
- Thinking about working out the first thing after reaching home. I realized that as I am sitting in a horrible, bent-down posture, my tummy is almost touching the top of my thigh. Disappointed because it had become flat after returning from Bhutan.
- Just realize how this is an extremely self-obsessed post, though decide to continue anyway, since I don’t want to delete what I already wrote.
- Also realize that this post is sounding a bit (or lot?) like the blogging style of the blog I have been greedily reading since yesterday. But this also be because the said blogger also does a lot of lists.
- wondering whether this is what stream of consciousness is like? The thing is I seemed to understand the concept perfectly when I was a student, but don’t think I understood it much at all ever. May be just pretended to self. A bit like communism.
- Drinking coffee while making faces because I actually hate this coffee, and still ave 2-3 cups because I am bored, and then invariably complain of acidity every single day.
- Staring blankly at screen unable to decide whether I should end the post or think of something else, just to be able to add to this post.
- Decide to quit at this point before I feel guilty of too much self indulgence.
Edited to add: Since GM guessed the blog anyway, and a couple other readers happen to love the bride too, I might as well go ahead, tag thebride and let her in on the fandom. :D.